How do I force my computer to recognize my iPhone?
- Disconnect iPhone and restart the PC.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Ensure that Windows is up to date.
- Close all running programs on the PC.
- Temporarily disable security software (antivirus and firewall).
- Check the USB cable and confirm that it is not damaged.
- Use an original Apple cable.
- Try using another USB cable.
How do I access my iPhone 5s from my computer?
How to Access iPhone Files on PC
- The only iPhone files you can access on PC via the file explorer are photos.
- Use iTunes to transfer other files from your iPhone to your Windows PC or access them via iCloud.
- Click the iPhone icon in iTunes > File Sharing > select an app > choose the file to transfer, and click Save.
How do I connect my iPhone 5s to my computer via USB?
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you don’t see Personal Hotspot, tap Carrier and you will see it.
- Tap the switch next to Personal Hotspot to turn on.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
- The device will automatically begin tethering after syncing is complete.
Why does my computer not Recognise my iPhone?
The USB cable and USB port can be one of the common causes. If there’s something wrong with the USB cable or the USB port, your iPhone can’t connect to the computer, so your iPhone is not detected by PC. Others can be the software issues, such as the Windows system, the iOS version, or the iTunes issue.
How can I access my iPhone on my computer without iTunes?
Transfer Files from iPhone to PC Without iTunes via iCloud. If you’ve ever backed up your iPhone data to iCloud, then you can access iPhone files on your PC either via the iCloud website or iCloud application.
Can I connect iPhone to PC without iTunes?
Without iTunes or third-party software, you can connect your iPhone to a Windows PC via a USB cable directly, which is the easiest way to get things done. However, convenient as it is, you can only access and transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC.
Why is my iPhone USB not connecting to the computer?
Often, the failure of your iPhone to connect to your computer simply results from a faulty cable. As such, you should make sure you’re using the cable supplied with your iPhone, or at least an official Apple cable you purchased separately. Check the USB port. Try plugging the iPhone into a different USB port.
What to do if your computer does not recognize a device?
Also, check out our YouTube video if your USB drive is not showing up on your Windows computer.
- Method 1 – Unplug Computer.
- Method 2 – Update Device Driver.
- Method 4 – USB Root Hub.
- Method 5 – Connect Directly to PC.
- Method 6 – USB Troubleshooter.
- Method 7 – Update Generic USB Hub.
- Method 8 – Uninstall USB Devices.