How do you poach an egg in the microwave without it exploding?
Gently crack an egg into the mug or bowl, making sure it’s covered in water. Be sure to prick the egg yolk with a fork or toothpick to prevent any explosions. Cover your mug or bowl with a small microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for one minute. The egg white should be set but the yolk still runny.
How do you poach an egg in a microwave?
- Crack the egg into a large teacup or ramekin filled with 3 tbsp water.
- Pierce the yolk and white in a couple of places and poach in the microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds.
- Turn the dish and continue to poach on HIGH for another 45 seconds. Stand for 30 seconds before serving.
Is it safe to poach eggs in microwave?
You can poach two eggs in two mugs at the same time, but I found it at least doubles the microwaving time. What’s more, one egg might cook faster than the other, even though they’re cooking side-by-side. For the most control over doneness, just do one egg at a time. It only takes a minute and a half, tops.
How do you poach an egg in a microwave with a silicone poacher?
How to Use Egg Poacher Cups
- Crack 1 egg into each cup of the poached egg maker (most brands feature a double cup design).
- Gently pierce each egg yolk with a sharp knife and add 1/2 tsp.
- If you are only making one egg in a double cup poacher, fill the empty cup about 3/4 with water.
- For one egg, cook for 30‒45 seconds.
Why did my microwave poached egg explode?
The explosions is usually caused by high wattage settings of the microwave , lack of the preparation to poking the yolk and egg whites before microwave the egg or the pressure caused by steam when you poach the egg in an airtight poacher.
How long does it take to poach an egg in the microwave?
about 1 minute
Gently crack an egg into the water, making sure it’s completely submerged. Cover with a saucer and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
What is a good egg poacher?
1. Best overall egg poacher: Oxo Good Grips Egg Poacher. These clever silicone egg poachers mimic the traditional “water bath” method, but without the faff. The hourglass design gently guides the egg into a pan of simmering water with no need to swirl or worry about broken yolks.