Who has the main authority in a democracy?
The most common form of democracy today is a representative democracy, where the people elect government officials to govern on their behalf such as in a parliamentary or presidential democracy.
What are the main features of democracy Class 9?
Hint: Democracy can be simply defined as the government for the people, of the people and by the people….Complete answer:
- In a Democracy, people have the right to vote and hence choose their representatives.
- Democracy involves extensive debate and discussion.
- Democracy also ensures transparency.
Why modern democracies are representative democracies?
The modern democracies are being called Representative Democracies because it is the elected representatives of the people who run the government–make and execute the laws and policies for the people. It is thus also being called as Indirect Democracy.
What are the main features of representative democracy?
2. Basic Principles of Representative Democracy
- Equality of all citizens before the law;
- The legitimacy of state power;
- Fulfillment of popular sovereignty;
- Participation in public life;
- Majority rule and minority rights;
- Protection and respect for human rights;
- Political pluralism;
- Free and fair elections;
What is democracy what are the main features of democracy?
Democracy vs Dictatorship
|Power||Citizens have the ultimate power in a democracy.|
|Freedom||Freedom provided in terms of rights and duties|
|Justice||A wholesome justice system|
What is democracy explain the main features of democracy?
Democracy is based on the principle of one person, one vote and one value. There is a Rule of Law and basic fundamental rights are granted to each and every citizen of the country. There is no discrimination amongst people on the basis colour, caste, gender, class or religion.
What are 5 democracy characteristics?
The fundamental characteristics of democracy include the rule of law, legal equality, freedom of speech and assembly, inclusiveness, voting rights, consent, and right to life, minority rights, political freedom and so forth.