What is freelance tour guide?
As a freelance guide you are responsible for anything and everything that the tour entails. If you are going to work for yourself you need to know the inner workings of just about every part of a tour. That means that you are the tour guide, the tour escort, the tour manager and the operations manager.
How do I become an international tour guide?
To become an approved guide, you have to pass entrance exams. The Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management conducts guide training on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism. They advertise in the papers once in 2 years or so. You have to apply once the ad appears.
Do tour guides make good money?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Some of the more experienced tour guides earn anywhere between $30,000 and $60,000 per year.
What qualifications does a tour guide need?
- customer service skills.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- to be flexible and open to change.
- sensitivity and understanding.
- an interest and knowledge of history.
- a good memory.
- knowledge of English language.
How do I become a private tour guide?
Generally speaking, you can usually become a private tour guide by obtaining a license, after which you can either join a local tour company or work independently. Some tour guides take visitors on specialized walking tours that explore different aspects of a travel destination.
How do I budget for Italy?
Travel tips in Italy
- Book early and consider shoulder seasons.
- Sleep small and central.
- Get out of town!
- Book your train tickets yourself… now!
- Expensive direct flights?
- Take advantage of free museum days.
- Pack a comfy pair of walking shoes and save.
- Eat big lunches and save on dinner.