Is history Optional good for UPSC?
It is a very important subject in the UPSC scheme of things because history is included in the IAS prelims exam and in the IAS mains general studies papers as well. Thereby assuring the aspirants that the success rate of history optional in IAS is quite promising.
How can I cover optional history in UPSC?
- Map for practice. The Historical Atlas of the Spectrum (with Key Places) is a good book for map practice.
- Essay paper.
- Interesting and Easy to understand.
- Start with the NCERTs.
- Divide into Parts.
- Strategy of Notes making.
- Integration Is The Key to Preparation.
- Previous year question papers.
Which is the best optional for UPSC mains?
What are the top 10 optional subjects in UPSC?
- Medical Science.
- Public Administration.
How can I prepare for IAS mains history optional?
The following are some of the best reference books to follow for the preparation of IAS Mains History Optional:
- Spectrum Modern India History.
- History of Modern World – Jain and Mathur.
- A History of ancient and early medieval India- Upinder Singh.
- Modern India- Bipin Chandra.
Do questions repeat in history optional?
You must go through the previous year question papers, especially the last 10 years. Many questions have been repeated, so this task makes it easy to understand the most important areas of the syllabus.
Is Spectrum enough for modern history?
What you learn is plenty enough for Prelims as well as Mains. Comparatively, Modern Indian History will be easier in Mains as you can be relieved of memorizing too much, and you can explain your arguments with the knowledge you have.
Which book is best for history Optional Upsc?
Booklist for UPSC History Optional
- A Comprehensive History of Medieval India: From Twelfth to the Mid-Eighteenth Century by Farooqui Salma Ahmed.
- Contemporary India: Economy, Society, Politics by Neera Chandhoke.
- A History of Modern World by Jain and Mathur.
- Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lowe.
Can I skip NCERT UPSC?
You can choose any subject first and then, start from class 6 to 12 for that particular subject book. However, according to the weightage and simplicity of the syllabus, it is best to start with Indian Polity NCERT books for UPSC. You can also skip the note-making process of NCERT books for UPSC.
Why is history an optional subject for UPSC?
History is a standout subject among the other optional subjects for UPSC IAS Exam. It is a fascinating subject which gives us the data about our past. It is mixed with culture and tradition. It has great importance in IAS Prelims and UPSC Mains exam.
Which is the only optional subject in GS?
History optional is the only subject whose almost 90% content are now there in GS (Main + Prelim). So logic is that even if one does not have History optional, about 90% of History optional subject one has to study. Given below is the table which depicts syllabus of History optional subject and New General Studies for comparison.
Which is the best book for history optional?
Book list for History Optional 1 Medieval India: From Sultanat to the Mughals-Delhi Sultanat (1206-1526) – 1 by Satish Chandra 2 Medieval India: From Sultanat to the Mughals- Mughal Empire (1526-1748) – 2 by Satish Chandra 3 Medieval India : The Study Of A Civlization by Irfan Habib