How do I extend my HP-UX file system?
How to extend Filesystem online on HP-UX?
- Step 1:Check If OnlineJFS package installed.
- Step 2:If OnlineJFS package installed then Check For new LUNID.
- Step 3:Create PV with new Disk.
- Step 4:Extend VG with new PV.
- Step 5:Check Vg for free PV.
- Step 6:Extend Filesystem Online.
How do I extend an existing LVM partition?
Extend LVM manually
- Extend the physical drive partition: sudo fdisk /dev/vda – Enter the fdisk tool to modify /dev/vda.
- Modify (extend) the LVM: Tell LVM the physical partition size has changed: sudo pvresize /dev/vda1.
- Resize the file system: sudo resize2fs /dev/COMPbase-vg/root.
How can I add free space to LVM?
How to Extend LVM Partition with lvextend command in Linux
- Step:1 Type ‘ df -h’ command to list the file system.
- Step:2 Now check whether free space is available space in the volume group.
- Step:3 Use lvextend command to increase the size.
- Step:3 Run the resize2fs command.
- Step:4 Use df command and verify /home size .
How do I check free space on HP-UX?
Re: How to find free space in a disk with HP-UX OS Check total Space of Volumes e.g vg00,vg01 and compare it to your file system space with the help of #bdf command. The difference is availble free space and you can create files systems with the help of GUI tools called SAM(command sam) as per your requirement.
How do you extend the root file system which is not on LVM?
Resize a Linux filesystem without LVM
- Run fdisk on the right disk (X is the correct letter of your disk): fdisk /dev/sdX.
- Check the partition table by pressing p (to view partition details)
- Delete the partition by pressing d (to delete the partition)
What is the meaning of extending a logical volume?
Extending a logical volume. By default, most file system resizing tools will increase the size of the file system to be the size of the underlying logical volume so you don’t need to worry about specifying the same size for each of the two commands. …
How do I know my VG size HP-UX?
Re: How to find free space in a disk with HP-UX OS Hi, Check total Space of Volumes e.g vg00,vg01 and compare it to your file system space with the help of #bdf command. The difference is availble free space and you can create files systems with the help of GUI tools called SAM(command sam) as per your requirement.
Is the lvextend software included in HP-UX?
Remarks [Toc] [Back] Mirrored disk operations require the installation of the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software, which is not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. lvextend cannot be performed if the volume group is activated in shared mode.
What can you do with the lvextend command?
DESCRIPTION [Toc] [Back] The lvextend command can increase a logical volume’s allocated extents, or increase its number of mirrored copies. Other logical volume characteristics can be modified with the lvchange and lvreduce commands (see lvchang ).
How are LVM striped logical volumes always allocated?
LVM striped logical volumes are always allocated using a strict allocation policy. Consequently, striped logical volumes may only be extended by a number extents that is a multiple of disks the logical volume is striped across.
When to not use physical volume in LVM?
LVM always ensures that physical extent allocation can satisfy the current allocation policy or policies. If a physical volume is not suitable for use with a certain allocation policy, it is not used during physical extent allocation, even it is specified in a pv _ path argument or indirectly in a pvg _ name argument.