What is Cisco Mobility Extension?
Cisco Extension Mobility is a feature that allows users to use different IP Phones as their own by simple logging in process. In general the Extension Mobility feature allows the end users to change the phone settings without accessing Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration page.
How do I setup a Cisco Mobility Extension?
To configure Extension Mobility, so the end user may use it, perform the following:
- On CUCM Administration page, from the menu select, Device > Phone.
- Click Find.
- On Find and list phone page, click on Phone1.
- Enable Extension mobility and for the logout profile use Use Current Device Settings.
- Click Save and Reset.
How do I configure an Extension Mobility service?
Configure Extension Mobility Service
- From the Navigation menu select Cisco Unified CallManager Administration.
- Select Device > Device Settings > Phone Services.
- Click Add New.
- In the Service Name field, type Extension Mobility.
- In the Service Description field, type Login and logout service.
How do I log into my Cisco Extension Mobility?
To Log In to your phone using Extension Mobility:
- Locate the Cisco 7841 phone at your temporary work station.
- Press the APPLICATIONS button to access your Settings.
- Use the Navigation button to select Extension Mobility.
- Enter NetID by typing into the keypad in a text fashion.
How do I change my mobility pin extension?
Change your Extension Mobility PIN
- Step 1 – Select Set PIN.
- Step 2 – Enter your Current PIN then your new PIN.
- Step 3 – Confirm your new PIN then press change.
How do I add an extension to my Cisco IP Phone?
- Step 1: Connect the phone to the network.
- Step 2: Dial the Extension Assigner directory number 70000; When prompted for password, enter 1234.
- Step 3: Enter the pound (#) key.
- Step 4: Enter the permanent extension that has been configured on the portal for this user followed by the pound (#) key.
How do I add an extension to my Cisco IP phone?
Where is the extension number on a Cisco IP phone?
Press Feature * 0. You’ll see Key Inquiry and then press a key in your display. Press any intercom button. You’ll see your extension number in your display.
How do I get an extension on my Cisco phone?
Press Feature * 0 You’ll see Key Inquiry and then press a key in your display. Press any intercom button. You’ll see your extension number in your display.
How do I change the extension number on a Cisco IP phone?
I would suggest the following:
- Create a new Directory Number (DN) for 8989.
- Navigate to Phone 2.
- On the left, click on the Line you want to change (8918)
- Enter the new DN you want that Line key to be (8989); verify all fields are correct and then click Save and then Apply Config.
How do you dial an extension number?
Android Phones To add an extension when dialing, after entering the main number, press and hold the 0 button until a + is added to the number, and then enter the extension number. Use the same steps when entering a number with an extension into a new contact.
How do you dial an extension on a landline?
After dialing the main number, press and hold * . A comma ( , ) is added to the number you are dialing. Enter the extension number, and then tap the call button.
How does extension mobility work in Cisco Unified IP?
Cisco Extension Mobility allows users a temporarily access their Cisco Unified IP Phone configuration such as line appearances, services, and speed dials from other Cisco Unified IP Phones. Extension Mobility supports Cisco Unified IP Phones that run SCCP and SIP. Extension mobility functionality extends on most Cisco Unified IP Phones.
What is Cisco extension mobility in CUCM 12.x?
Primary DN This document describe the new service Uniform Resource Locator (URL) in Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) 12.X. Cisco Extension Mobility allows users a temporarily access their Cisco Unified IP Phone configuration such as line appearances, services, and speed dials from other Cisco Unified IP Phones.
How does extension mobility work on SCCP phones?
You are able to log on to any SCCP phone using the new profiles. You can log off from the phones. After you have logged off from the phone, the extension mobility service displays the name of the last logged on user. If a user is logged on for more then 10 minutes, the system automatically logs him off.
How to add a device to Cisco Unified Communications Manager?
On the Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration page, from the menu select User Management > End User. Click Add New. Click Save. On Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration page, from the menu select Device > Device Settings > Device Profile. Click Add New button.