How do you make smores with methanol gel?
- If using a shallow carrier, place chafing gel cans in the carrier.
- When ready to use, remove the lid from the gel can.
- To make s’mores, use bamboo skewers or metal roasting sticks to hold marshmallows over the chafing gel’s flame until it reaches your desired doneness.
How do you use a smores stick?
Simply skewer the marshmallows with the sticks, do it with each end of the fork. Extend the fork and hold the marshmallow just over the campfire, let it roast to your liking- most forks extend 34″ long so you can roast while sitting far from the flames (this makes roasting s’mores safe when you have young kids around).
How do you make S mores fire?
- Take one large graham cracker and break it in half (one for the top, one for the bottom cracker).
- Cover one of chocolate cracker halves with chocolate pieces to fit the graham cracker.
- Put a marshmallow (or two) on the stick and hold it over the fire until roasted and slightly golden brown.
Can you do smores over Sterno?
IMPORTANT: Some people may be concerned that Sterno isn’t safe to use to roast s’mores, but according to the company, it is perfectly safe to roast food. Sterno ethanol gel burns safe and clean and is endorsed by Green Restaurant Association.
Can you roast marshmallows over methanol gel?
The short answer is, Yes, it is safe- but there are precautions you should take.
Can you roast marshmallows over methanol?
Sterno is (roughly) alcohol mixed with gel. Alcohol also burns cleanly and quite completely, so there are essentially no methanol molecules in the flame that could land on your marshmallows and harm you.
How do you roast marshmallows with sticks?
You didn’t earn those Girl Scout badges for nothing — whip out your Swiss Army knife and whittle the end of your stick into a point, uncovering the wood beneath the bark and removing the parts that were exposed to elements. Once you do that, you’ll have a fresh, germ-free spot for your marshmallows to roast away.