IASME Standards in Cybersecurity
IASME stands for Information Assurance for Small and Medium Enterprises, which is a standard for cybersecurity. It is best suitable for that business which is operating at a smaller level and looking to secure them against cyber-attacks.
This is because the other security standards are costly for small businesses, so IASME serves the same purpose for them. For example, most of the small companies can’t afford to buy the ISO27001 standard. So, IASME standard is the best option for them to take their first step towards cybersecurity.
What was the main reason for IASME development?
Due to advancements in digital technology, a rapid increase has been seen in the security of online businesses. The top-rated, successful, and large-scale businesses immediately move towards accessing the ISO27001 standard.
This standard is an international security standard that provides complete security for all kinds of cyber-threats and cyber-attacks. The real problem originated for the small level businesses who couldn’t afford to access the ISO27001 standard for them.
Such low-level business started to pass through the most vulnerabilities, attacks, and security breach attempts. As a result, the UK government took the initiative to develop the IASME standard for small and medium-size businesses. After its implementation, the cyber-attacks to small and medium-sized enterprises have decreased up to a noticeable extent.
How can I get the IASME standard/certification for my business?
If you are operating a small business, the following instructions will help you in establishing cybersecurity for it. However, if you are running a large business, you must go for accessing ISO27001.
Let’s start reading the following steps to learn about how to access the IASME standard for small companies:
- To obtain the IASME, the first step is to undergo some questions regarding this certification. The test for IASME includes these questions. IASME Accredited Certification Body is responsible for the assessment of these questions.
- In the next step, the companies or businesses access whether this certification is useful to obtain them. If yes, they move to process it further. Otherwise, they would go for another cybersecurity certification for their business. This step of auditing the validity of the certification for a business is known as IASME audit.
- If your business passes the IASME audit, then you have to go for an ancestor meeting. In this overall process, this meeting is the most crucial one that you cannot ignore or skip. In this meeting or conference, the ancestor will tell you about all the policies and risks. The risks are those that may affect your business in the process of accessing the IASME. You, as a business owner, will be able to talk to the ancestor regarding all your concerns in this aspect.
- When you will be thoroughly familiar with the IASME and understand its requirements, you can get IASME. Before that, they will ask you some further questions to confirm that you and your business are compatible with it. If they find that you are a good fit for the IASME, they will complete the few last steps.
- After that, you will avail the IASME certification for your business. Now, you will be able to enjoy a safe and secure business without any risk, issues, or threats. Your business will now work with IASME rules.
In this way, it will assure your customers that you care about them as well as cybersecurity. This thing much helps in retaining your customers for more extended periods and helps in building trust. Remember, when your business starts to proliferate with IASME certification, then you can also consider accessing other cybersecurity certifications.