How do I get WOC certified?
- Complete a WOC Nursing Education Program that is accredited by WOCN.
- Candidates are required to successfully complete exam(s) within five years of graduation from a Wound, Ostomy, Continence Education Program.
- The Nursing Education Program must be accredited at the time of graduation.
What is a Wcn nurse?
The Wound Care Nurse Certification Course (WCN-C) is a premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the nurses and other medical professionals working in different clinical settings.
How do I become a wound care nurse specialist in Australia?
Domestic entry requirements: Specifically, applicants must hold a bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent AND have current registration as a comprehensive or general nurse in Division One with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
How do I become a certified wound in Texas?
- Hold a current, active LVN/LPN or RN license.
- Complete 24 Continuing Education hours (CEs) specific to wound care within the past 12 months meeting the WTA Detailed Content Outline previous to the date of application.
- Complete 160 hours of clinical preceptorship within the past 12 months.
How can a LPN become a wound nurse?
Is wound care certification accredited?
On May 10, 2019, the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) granted accreditation to the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy Wound Care Certified (WCC) Certification for demonstrating compliance with the NCCA Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs.
What is a wound care nurse?
A wound care nurse is a nurse who specializes in wound management. These nurses work with a patient’s medical team to monitor a variety of wounds and their healing process, and they also care directly for the patient, promoting healthy and rapid healing of a wide variety of wounds.
What is a wound care certification?
The Wound Care Certification (WCC) Exam is offered by the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy (NAWCO) as a way to measure a candidate’s theoretical and practical knowledge about wound care management. It is usually an additional certification you can get on top of the standard wound care license to demonstrate advanced level competency.