What is a good meal plan for a 2 year old?
Toddler Meal Plan for 2 Year Old
- Breakfast: Applesauce Waffles, applesauce, nut butter.
- Morning Snack: Banana, water.
- Lunch: Spinach Pesto Pasta with Peas, grapes, fruit leather, milk.
- Afternoon Snack: Cherry tomatoes, raisins.
- Dinner: ½ Cheesy Meat Bun, broccoli, milk.
How do I teach my toddler nutrition?
- Show kids what “eating right” looks like. Explain that they should fill half their plate with fruits and veggies that have nutrients that will help their bodies grow.
- Avoid calling foods “good” or “bad.” Kids should learn that all foods have a place in their diet.
- Talk about portion size.
What nutritional needs do toddlers need?
What to feed young children
- Fruit and vegetables. Fruit and vegetables contain lots of vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and other starchy foods.
- Milk and dairy products.
- Beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other proteins.
- Helping your child get enough iron.
- Foods containing fat, sugar and salt.
Can toddler eat banana everyday?
Yes. Bananas are packed with carbohydrates to energize the body and essential nutrients that babies need to thrive, like folate, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and potassium. Together these nutrients support the nervous system, skin health, iron absorption, and blood pressure.
How do you teach nutrition in a fun way?
Healthy eating games and activities
- The veggie guessing bag. Try this activity to increase children’s recognition and awareness of different vegetables.
- Choose a letter of the week.
- Odd one out.
- Create a vegetable person.
- Food labelling activity.
- Have a theme tasting day.
- Create a food alphabet.